HIp hop star T.I. was sentenced1 year prison

samedi 28 mars 2009


The hip hop star T. I. , right, was sentenced Friday to one year and a day in prison on federal weapons violations, The Associated Press reported. In March, the hip-hop star T.I., whose given name is Clifford Harris, pleaded guilty to three charges of illegal weapons possession after he was arrested in a 2007 sting operation as he received three machine guns and two silencers that had been bought for him. T.I. had faced up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count and had initially pleaded not guilty. Since changing his plea, he has performed more than 1,000 hours of community service and appeared on a reality series “T. I.’s Road to Redemption,” on which T.I. warned teenagers about the dangers of guns and violence. He will have 30 to 60 days to report to prison. source:-The New york Times